Friday, July 2, 2010

redo: Bio and Statement

My name is Jean-Michel; I am a math major with a minor Education. I pick math as my major because I love math. Math is an easily and enjoyable subject for me. I pick up the minor in education while in college, tutoring countless amount of students help me find the exact thing that I am going to do with my math degree. Since I came here in 2005 from Haiti, I have spent a good part of my time thinking and trying to figure out what I should do to become a math teacher in United States. How was I going to fulfill that dream that I had since I was child in third grade. I found many interesting things about the process of doing this efficiently. By reviewing what I had previously learned and accomplished in mathematics, for example; tutoring countless friends and peers with homework and studying for exams. Finally, I decided to register myself at Miami Dade College Education program to start on my career path in the educational field. I am taking the same approach that one of my closes friends has taken and become a math teacher in Illinois. I can hear my friend telling me “Sometimes I do not want to be a teacher because of the political parts of it but the students make it worth every moment of craziness”. At the end of the day I am in education to build a better tomorrow through a young generation. I particularly remember the sacrifice that I have to get this far in my educational journey at Miami Dade College. Knowing that teaching is a passion of mines and definitely assisting with my decision of becoming a teacher. Looking at the syllabus, I feel that this class will be an essential course in my education pursuit in education. I am looking forward to learning the fundamentals of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment